Sunshine Ch'an (Zen) Temple is located on the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia in Canada. It is in a rural setting surrounded by natural beauty, ocean, and forests, yet close enough to Vancouver to make it easy to get to by either car or bus. The Sunshine Coast is a short 40 minute ferry ride away from Horseshoe Bay in West Vancouver. Please note that ferry traffic, especially on weekends, can be very busy. If you come by car plan ahead and check departure times online.
11148 Sunshine coast Hwy.
Halfmoon Bay, B.C. Canada
From Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay
1. Take 257 Horseshoe Bay Express bus (Blue Bus City Transit) from downtown Vancouver to Horseshoe Bay.
2. Take ferry from Horseshoe Bay to Langdale on the Sunshine Coast (40 min).
3. Drive 50 minutes north on Hwy. 101 (Sunshine Coast Hwy).
4. Or take Sunshine Coast Connector bus from Langdale ferry terminal to Halfmoon Bay (this bus does not stop at Halfmoon Bay so you must ask the bus driver to stop by Halfmoon Bay).
From Vancouver Island Courtenay / Comox
1. Take ferry to Powell River.
2. Drive from Powell River to Saltery Bay.
3. Take ferry from Saltery Bay to Earls Cove.
4. Drive South on Hwy. 101 to Halfmoon Bay.
5. Or you could take the Sunshine Coast Connector bus from Powell River town center hotel to Halfmoon Bay (this bus does not stop at Halfmoon Bay so you must ask the bus driver to stop by Halfmoon Bay).
Bus Information Contact
Sunshine Coast Transit System: 1-604-885-6899, website link here
Blue Bus (West Vancouver Transit): 1-604-985-7777, website link here
Translink (Vancouver Transit): 1-604-953-3333, website link here
Sunshine Coast Connector Bus: 1-844-613-8222, website link here
The Sunshine Coast Connector bus runs from Landale ferry terminal to Powell River town center hotel. It does not run 7 days a week all year long so please check online for the schedule. They could drop-off and pick-up at the Zen Temple driveway if you ask them.